Would you like to join our exciting growth journey and be able to make a great impact in developing our business to the next level? Our E-commerce Business Unit is looking to strengthen its management team with a true team player and team builder to join our growing office in Helsingborg.
Who we are
Avensia is an innovative tech & knowledge company specialized in modern commerce. We offer our customers a combination of prize-winning digital commerce solutions and strategic guidance about how to adapt to modern consumer behavior and a digital future. Our customers range from retail brands such as NA-KD, Filippa K, LYKO to large B2B companies and important players in the field of construction and food & beverage.
We thrive together
Among the best things here is our strong culture and the family feel in our global in-house teams. We always help and care for each other and share our knowledge to become smarter together. You can feel the energy and positive spirit that connects us as we push the boundaries and break status quo in our industry. You will thrive and succeed at Avensia if you are a true team player, helpful and humble, with a can-do attitude.
We love customer success
We are the architects behind our customers’ success stories. In our partnership, we set high standards for each other and truly understand the real problem to find the right solution. Our projects are challenging and complex, but we are committed and have our customers’ trust as the experts we are. Being part of their success and building solutions used by people around us makes us proud. As an Avensian you have a spark for what you do and bring your passion to the table to find the best solution that creates the most value.
We are the game changers
Finding the best solutions to complex challenges is our passion. Our work culture is empowering and fast-moving with endless opportunities. Our purpose and vision are clear to us, we are the sharpest minds and leaders in modern commerce. If you have a passion for problem-solving, are self-propelled and driven, this is the place to be. Your curiosity, positivity, and ability to adopt change will take you far.
What you will be doing
As Director of Development at Avensia you have three main areas of responsibility:
- Personnel- and budget responsibility for a unit, approximately 20-25 employees
- Resource responsibility for one or several customer projects
- Partaking in Business Development within the business unit together with the rest of the managers often with opportunities to take responsibility and drive areas.
In this role, you play an important role in the operation of our business and our continuous growth. The Director of Development is responsible for supporting our employees to achieve our business goals as well as their own personal development goals. Furthermore, the key responsibilities of the role include:
- Recruiting and hiring talent to enable our continuous growth
- Providing training and support to our new hires to help them be successful
- Providing coaching and feedback to your employees to enable them to grow and develop
- Communicating and ensuring understanding of our goals, mission and vision
- Engaging and coordinating with other managers across the organization
The team consists of engaged and driven frontend and backend developers with different seniority levels, who work hand-in-hand in creating the best e-commerce solutions for our customers. You should be actively involved with your team, providing support, offering encouragement, and delivering positive and constructive feedback on a daily basis. As Director of Development you directly influence employee satisfaction and engagement and, as a result, organizational productivity and further on even customer satisfaction.
Who you are
Since Avensia is constantly changing and developing it’s important that you thrive working in a climate that is characterized by high pace and continuous improvement. We appreciate if you bring in new thinking as well as challenge our way of working, to contribute to our improvement. You are a team player who proactively engages with others and builds strong relationships both within the development team and the management group.
You will be successful if you
- Like to challenge and inspire your team members
- Have a good understanding of your team members’ strengths and how to provide opportunities for them to develop
- Value an open work climate where we care for and help each other
- Have a collaborative mindset when working within the management group, helping each other but also bringing individual strengths and passions to use
- Like to approach challenges with determination, energy and creativity
- Like to work proactively and take initiatives to drive the work forward
- Have great communication skills and are fluent in Swedish and English
- Well-grounded leadership experience, preferably from leading technical teams
- Experience and a true passion for developing people and teams to their full potential
- Experience of leadership in an organization where corporate culture is highly valued
It´s also meriting if you have experience from
- Software development
- Commerce or E-commerce
- Project management