Would you like to join our exciting growth journey and be able to make a great impact in developing our business to the next level?
Our Information Management Business Unit is currently looking for a Director of Development who will be acting as a team manager for one of our IM-teams. If you are a passionate leader who has the skills to build and manage a successful team and want to play a significant role in the operations and growth of our Business Unit, keep on reading, this is the role for you!
Who we are
Avensia is an innovative tech & knowledge company specialized in modern commerce. We offer our customers a combination of prize-winning digital commerce solutions and strategic guidance about how to adapt to modern consumer behavior and a digital future. Our customers range from retail brands to large B2B companies and important players in the field of construction and food & beverage.
We thrive together
Among the best things here is our strong culture and the family feel in our global in-house teams. We always help and care for each other and share our knowledge to become smarter together. You will thrive and succeed at Avensia if you are a true team player, helpful and humble, with a can-do attitude.
We love customer success
We are the architects behind our customers’ success stories. In our partnership, we set high standards for each other and truly understand the real problem to find the right solution. Our projects are challenging and complex, but we are committed and have our customers’ trust as the experts we are.
We are the game changers
Finding the best solutions to complex challenges is our passion. Our work culture is empowering and fast-moving with endless opportunities. Our purpose and vision are clear to us, we are the sharpest minds and leaders in modern commerce. If you have a passion for problem-solving, are self-propelled and driven, this is the place to be. Your curiosity, positivity, and ability to adopt change will take you far.
What you will be doing
As Director of Development at Avensia you have two main areas of responsibility:
- Personnel- and budget responsibility for a unit, approximately 10-15 employees
- Strategic responsibility as a part of the leadership team in the operations and growth of our Information Management Business Unit.
The Director of Development is responsible for supporting our employees to achieve our business goals as well as their own personal development goals. Furthermore, the key responsibilities of the role include:
- Contribute to the overall business goals and continuous improvement in operational excellence
- Personnel- and budget responsibility for a distributed team (team members can be located at multiple sites)
- Secure retention and employee engagement by providing coaching and feedback to team members to enable them to grow and develop both as individuals and in the profession
- Communicate and ensure understanding of the company as well as the Business Unit and functional goals, mission, and vision to your team in a clear and inspiring way
- Drive and implement changes for improving everyday work
- Recruit and hire talent, create and manage an efficient onboarding process,
to ensure that new employees will have a great introduction to their group
area of expertise
- Lead according to our Leadership values; by being a good example and delivering results through our values by leading, developing, coaching, and empowering your co-workers to perform and grow according to agreed goals
Your team will be dedicated to different customer projects mainly within the Information Management Business Unit. They support our customers in building a foundation for modern commerce by guiding and implementing efficient processes, policies, technologies, and architectures to capture, consume and govern the usage of omnichannel information.
You should be actively involved with your team, providing support, offering encouragement, and delivering positive and constructive feedback regularly, preferably daily. The Director of Development directly influences employee satisfaction and engagement and, as a result, organizational productivity and further on even customer satisfaction.
Who you are
You are a true people person with a can-do attitude! You like to challenge and inspire your team members and are confident in your leadership role and have a good understanding of your team member's strengths and how to provide opportunities for them to develop.
You will be successful if you
- Have an agile mindset and can quickly shift between complex strategic challenges and working hands-on when needed
- Like to approach challenges with determination, energy, and creativity
- Value an open work climate where we care for and help each other
- Have a collaborative mindset when working within the management group,
helping each other but also bringing individual strengths and passions to use
- Like to work proactively and take initiatives to drive the work forward
- Have excellent communication skills and are fluent in English
Since Avensia is constantly changing and developing, it’s important that you thrive working in a climate characterized by high pace and continuous improvement. We appreciate it if you bring in new thinking as well as challenge our way of working, to contribute to our improvement.
- Well-grounded leadership experience, preferably from leading technical
- Experience and a true passion for developing people and teams to their full potential
- Experience of leadership in an organization where corporate culture is highly
- Experience in leading cross-cultural teams and working in international environment
- Outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills and demonstrated ability to grow and manage a dynamic and quality-driven team
- Build trust and communicate clearly with different people in various situations and with the courage to make a clear standpoint
- Recruitment experience, interest, and knowledge on how to attract and retain top-quality talents
It's also meriting if you have experience from:
- Software development
- Information Management / Master Data Management
- Project Management