We are looking for a passionate and result-oriented Solution Architect within PIM to join our growing team!
Who we are
Avensia is an innovative tech & knowledge company specialized in modern commerce. We offer our customers a combination of award-winning digital commerce solutions and strategic guidance about how to adapt to modern consumer behavior and a digital future. Our customers range from retail brands such as NA-KD, IKEA, and Dometic to B2B companies within manufacturing, distribution, and wholesale. Our customers typically have aggressive goals and are either aiming to become an industry leader or keep their position as an industry leader. That is why they partnered with Avensia.
We thrive together
Among the best things here is our strong culture and the family feel in our global in-house teams. We always help and care for each other and share our knowledge to become smarter together. You can feel the energy and positive spirit that connects us as we push the boundaries and break status quo in our industry. You will thrive and succeed at Avensia if you are a true team player, helpful and humble, with a can-do attitude.
We love customer success
We are the architects behind our customers’ success stories. In our partnership, we set high standards for each other and truly understand the real problem to find the right solution. Our projects are challenging and complex, but we are committed and have our customers’ trust as the experts we are. Being part of their success and building solutions used by people around us makes us proud. As an Avensian you have a spark for what you do and bring your passion to the table to find the best solution that creates the most value.
We are the game changers
Finding the best solutions to complex challenges is our passion. Our work culture is empowering and fast-moving with endless opportunities. Our purpose and vision are clear to us, we are the sharpest minds and leaders in modern commerce. If you have a passion for problem-solving, are self-propelled and driven, this is the place to be. Your curiosity, positivity, and ability to adopt change will take you far.
What you will be doing
The Solution Architect holds the overall responsibility of the technical solution, from the breakdown of requirements to architectural design and technical frameworks, providing support and guidance for both the customer and the project team.
As part of a PIM deployment project, the PIM solution architect provides leadership during the detailing/design and deployment phases of one or more PIM projects. The solution architect works with the project manager to break the overall project down into a series of sprints that are executed and delivered throughout the project lifecycle. As the project’s primary customer contact, the solution architect conducts a demonstration for customer signoff at the end of each sprint.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Own and maintain the high-level architecture
- Primary technical dialogue with customers
- Provide clear solution design to developers
- Break down requirements into solution components
- Break down project into sprints
- Technical documentation
- Management of systems and how they communicate (servers, certificates, vpn)
- Conduct sprint demos
- Be an active part in pre-sale scoping workshops
- Act as lead for technical investigations during the project (and, if necessary, delegate)
- Keep regular (weekly) technical developer meetings within the project
- Keep regular technical meetings with customers and support customers with technical issues
- Actively participate in the development of the solution
- Make decisions on architectural design issues for the developed solution (together with lead developer)
- Delegate technical responsibility for specific components to individuals or groups within the team
Who are you?
- 5+ years of experience working with PIM and/or database development.
- Well-versed with relational databases like MS-SQL server.
- Working experience as solution architect or technical lead
- PIM / Data Management background
- Excellent communication skills
It´s a plus if you also have experience with:
- InRiver PIM
- Optimizely (EPiServer) CMS/Commerce
- HTTP APIs / REST services
- Deployment automation e.g., using Octopus Deploy
- Microsoft Azure
Location: Continental U.S